October 18, 2007

Tag Gallagher has re-written his monumental book JOHN FORD: THE MAN AND HIS MOVIES (dialectical cinema)


As if this wasn't massive enough, he has made the entire book available for download in pdf form, here: http://rapidshare.com/files/61830908/ford_tag3.pdf.zip .

Tag estimates it is roughly 40% new material, large and small changes, and all the frame enlargements are new. The latter detail is saying quite a lot considering Gallagher is an artist with still frames and their placement.

I was going to write a little something about how much Tag's book has taught me over the past 7 years but this is such a process in motion (as you see!) that it would just be flowery and ill-judged at that.

Grazie Tag

4 comments:

Daniel Kasman said...

It's wonderful that Gallagher has made this free and available online, but do you happen to know if the revised edition is going to be re-issued in print? Despite my love of technology, a 600+ page book on John Ford is something I'd like to explore in hand rather than on-screen.

Andy Rector said...

No, unfortunately no re-issue.
-a

Anonymous said...

I will not acquiesce in on it. I assume precise post. Particularly the appellation attracted me to be familiar with the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Genial brief and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you for your information.

Archive